Did you click it?
Let’s do something like it.
Let’s compile a small group of us to contribute to one specific weblog. We’ll either call it Convex or Bona Fide (I haven’t gotten there quite yet). We’ll write stories that students at Bonaventure – and around the world – will actually care about. We’ll be credible and smart. Everyone will want to read what we write. We will go more in-depth with certain topics and be more frivolous about others. We’re not going to be strictly Bonaventure, and we’re not going to be strictly news. We’re just going to be something new. The world of news is evolving and we need to keep up with it.
- Satirical pieces
- Personal reflections
- Profiles of people on campus (professors; friars; anyone interesting)
- In-depth news stories full of cold, hard facts (these will require a ton of research – are you game?)
- Creative pieces
- Creative videos
We’re going to appeal to majors other than journalism and have staffers who aren’t even close to being journalism majors.
If you’re interested, I ask you these questions:
- Do you have blogging experience?
- What can you bring to the table?
- Have you seen any holes in current campus media that we could potentially fill?
- What is your major (the more diversity, the better!)?
- Would you be willing to take part in this project before on-campus internship hours are approved and granted?
This is serious. Let’s take advantage of this small university that lets students with dreams and ideas create their own things.