I have my own room here at St. Bonaventure, and I’ve been thinking about how much I enjoy it. But, with the pros come cons. Here’s my pro/con list.
- Nobody to talk to late at night.
- I can stay up as late as I want, without fear of disrespecting anybody. (Not always a good thing.)
- Loss of the companionship most in the roommate relationship gain.
- I have to text around to other friends in order to avoid eating alone in the Hickey. (haha)
- If I lock myself out, I’m screwed (though it hasn’t happened yet…).
- I can stay up as late as I want.
- Everything stays where I left it.
- I don’t feel like I have to put away my stuff.
- More room.
- I can sit around in my underwear if I want to.
- Coming back from taking a shower is not awkward at all.
- I don’t have to worry about volume of things (though I am considerate toward my neighbors).
- Everything is MINE and nothing feels foreign.
- The hair that catches on my toes from my rug is mine (until I vacuum).
- The hair sucked up by my vacuum is mine.
- One bed is mine, the other is a couch.
- The fluorescent lights are only on when I need them.
- I don’t get judged when I tuck my teddy bear in every morning.
- I don’t get rudely awakened ever.
Guess I’m a little OCD. Whoops. But I’m very happy to have a single room. The pros make up for the cons.